Dec 8, 2012

Overly Kind


I keep hearing from my friends that I am too “nice” of a person, but I believe otherwise because most of the time I end up hurting people’s feelings, especially, the ones I really care about. I say things without thinking whether it would offend them or not. The same goes for my actions. Sometimes, I may look sad when I really am not or look happy when I really am not. My words and actions do not match at all nor can I barely act my own age. Or, act like normal person at all.

Some may say I’m an easy person to talk to or get along with. I admit I like to get along with everyone so I like to talk to people; to make new friends. A very special friend of mine pointed out once that I’m like everyone’s “go to” person because everyone seems to go to me with their personal problems. I didn’t really realize that until she pointed out and didn’t want to be part of it since I was already everyone’s “go to.” It really made me think carefully…what if I had a special person in my life who wanted to tell me everything but couldn’t because I was already a “go to” person by everyone else? It would mean she isn’t special anymore than everyone else that goes to me for comfort. I’m glad to have a very special friend that isn’t afraid of saying what they feel. I really needed the honesty.

They also say I shouldn’t offer too much of what I have because people could take advantage of me, my kind offers. For example; I gladly offer rides whether to work or places my friends need to go, I kindly offer my place when my friends needs a home for a day or two, cook food when my friends misses home cooked meals or just hungry in general, etc… and they were right. Not many people would do such kindness to others. These things that I do for friends are overly repeated which I guess turned into normal for me, which other people see as taking advantages. My friends were right about it and that I shouldn’t let people take advantage of me. I have still a long ways to go and to learn…

Though there is one thing that really started to bother my conscience. I realized that I let people stay/borrow my place, whether I’m around or not, gave no instructions of respecting my place; my premises.

I need to start being kind to people only to a certain point…

No comments:

Post a Comment